- All tickets must be booked and paid for in full, in advance.
- Each ticket is allocated to a seat reserved for each Customer and tickets are only issued when full payment has been received.
- Credit and debit card payments are taken at the time of booking.
- On-line bookings will receive a transaction number upon completion – if you require acknowledgement of your booking, please request by e mail at time of booking.
- Bookings made by telephone will be verbally acknowledged at time of booking and no confirmation will be sent.
- Confirmation of bookings where payment is by cheque will be provided on receipt of a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Bookings by cheque are only validated once the cheque has cleared.
- Seating requests are welcome and we will endeavour, where possible, to meet the requirements specified.
- Tickets will be dispatched, along with confirmed timings, approximately 5 days before the tour, however please note that we cannot send tickets without confirmed timings and we rely on third parties to supply these. Also be aware that provisional timings and confirmed timings can be different, you are advised to check these thoroughly upon receipt and ensure you are at your departure Station in good time.
- Unless specified in Kingfisher literature, your ticket price does not include transportation or entry to other attractions.
- Occasionally we have a limited number of seats available ‘on the day’, these are offered on a ‘first come first served basis’ and cannot be reserved in advance. Anyone seeking to book on the day must speak to a Kingfisher Railtours representative and confirm seats are available before boarding the train.
Cancellations prior to 28 days of the departure date receive a full refund but between 28 days and 10 days prior to departure an administration charge of 10% (or £10, whichever is the highest) per person will be taken. For cancellation between 10 days and the date of the tour no refund is offered. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to our office.
In the unlikely event of a trip being cancelled by Kingfisher Railtours all monies shall be refunded but no other liability shall be incurred.
On tours using specified Heritage Locomotives, whether steam or diesel, every effort is made to run with the advertised locomotive however, in times of difficulty Kingfisher Railtours reserve the right to substitute locomotives as necessary, including substituting a steam locomotive for a diesel locomotive. This will only be considered as a last resort.
For the comfort and safety of everyone on our trains we operate a strict ‘No Smoking’ policy throughout all our trains.
If you have any issues during the tour please bring them to the immediate attention of the management so that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action at the time and subsequently write a letter of complaint to the company.
We can offer a vegetarian option to our Dining Customers providing the request is made to our office by telephone at least 10 days prior to the tour. It is not possible to request vegetarian options on the day.
Regretfully we are unable to offer any other special dietry requirements.
On the day of operation, all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the excursion runs as planned, but Kingfisher Railtours cannot accept any responsibility for any events or circumstances under the control of third parties and are only responsible for returning passengers to their joining stations, nor can we accept any responsibility for missed connections as a result of early or late running of our excursions.
We regret that our carriages cannot be boarded in wheelchairs. However, we will be pleased to convey disabled passengers whenever possible provided they can move to their seats with the assistance of a carer. Folding wheelchairs may be stored in the vestibule or brake van. Some excursions are more suitable for disabled travellers than others. Please ask for details.
All details about our tours are offered in good faith based on information from our suppliers and their contractors. Whilst we endeavour to run our Railtours to the proposed routes and timings, with the specified rolling stock, itineraries and options in place, we reserve the right to alter these at any time and shall not incur any liability to any person who has bought, or contracted to buy a ticket, or tickets as a result of any such changes.
Tickets are issued subject to the above conditions and your booking constitutes acceptance of these conditions.